Jervis Bay and St Georges Basin, Shoalhaven, NSW
2nd and 4th Tuesdays of month
Vincentia Community Hall
1. Liaise with the Judge
- In the month before the competition, contact the judge to remind them that they have agreed to judge for us.
- Ask the judge how they will be presenting their comments and awards - i.e. via Flickr, text document, email, audio file or video etc.
- Send them the link to our For our Judges page which details everything they need to know.
2. Receive images and upload to Flickr
- Receive images from members and separate them into two folders on your computer - one for the Open and one for the Set Subject.
- After the submission deadline (see our Program) upload the images to our Flickr pages.
- If the judge will be commenting in Flickr, change the security of the images to "Friends" during the upload process, otherwise leave as "Public".
- Procedures on how to upload to Flickr can be found at Uploading to Flickr
- Send the judge the links to our Flickr pages and the two albums you have created and ask him to contact you if he has any problems.
- If the judge wants the images some other way i.e. via Dropbox, try to comply if you have the required skills.
3. Preparation for the Competition Meeting
- Receive the comments and awards from the judge, and thank them for their time.
- Transfer the comments and awards from the judge to the best device for presentation at the meeting.
- Documents should be printed or transferred to an e-reader or Kindle, other formats should be copied to the club's laptop.
- Transfer the images - in the Set Subject and Open folders - from your computer to the desktop of the club's laptop.
4. At the Competition Meeting
- Show the Open images one by one, asking for comments from the members present and offering your own.
- If the judge has supplied written comments, read the judge's comments for each image after all comments have been made.
- If the judge has supplied a video file, play this after all the images have been shown and comments made.
- If the judge has supplied an audio file, show the relevant image during the judge's comments.
- Repeat these procedures for the Set Subject images.
5. After the Competition Meeting
- If the judge supplied written comments, copy and paste the comments into the Comments box below each image in Flickr.
- If the judge supplied a video, upload it to Flickr and add it to the "Critique Movies" album in Flickr.
- If the judge supplied an audio file, create a video using screen capture software and upload this to Flickr.