Jervis Bay and St Georges Basin, Shoalhaven, NSW
2nd and 4th Tuesdays of month
Vincentia Community Hall
Digital Competition Rules
- Digital competition nights will be held every month starting in February and ending in November.
- Digital images are judged remotely, so images must be submitted via email 9 days prior to the comp night (a Sunday night at midnight).
- The deadline for submission of digital images is shown on our Program page.
- Images in the digital competition can be colour or monochrome, unless monochrome is specified.
- Digital competitions will have two sections - Set Subject and Open.
- Set Subject topics will be decided by the committee up to one year in advance.
- Set Subject images must be taken within the past year - or within three years during the Covid pandemic.
- Open - the subject of the image can be anything at all without restriction.
- Open images must be taken within the past three years.
- Images must be in JPG format.
- Names of images must follow this naming convention - "photographer's name - section initials (o for Open, ss for Set Subject) - title of image.jpg" such as in these examples -
- Members can submit a maximum of 4 images with no more than 2 images per section.
- There are no size limits for digital images - the higher the resolution and the greater the number of pixels, the better.
- Images submitted to the print competition can be submitted in the digital competition.
- Images must be submitted prior to the meeting as specified in the program.
- At the meeting, images are projected, with the judge's comments and awards read out - unless the judge is present.
- Points will be awarded to each image based on the point scoring system shown below.
- An image which has received an award may not be entered into another digital competition.
- An image which has received no award on three occasions may not be entered into another digital competition.
- Each section will be judged separately, with images receiving "No Award", "Commended" or "Highly Commended".
- The image judged best of the "Highly Commended" award winners receives the "Best of Section" award.
- The Best of Section in the Set Subject section is the Image of the Month.
Point Scores and Awards
|Award||Open and Set Subject|
|Best of Section||7|
- Points are accrued for all monthly competitions during the year, with an Awards Night held at our December meeting.
- The competition year starts in February and finishes in November - for a total of 10 competitions.
- Photographer of the Year is awarded to the member with the most points from their best 8 competition results during the year.
- Set Subject images must relate closely to and clearly reflect the Set Subject, with the judge the sole arbiter.
- Open images can be absolutely anything at all.
- Monochrome is black and grey and white; sepia; or tones of any single colour plus black and grey and white.
- Creative images have been substantially manipulated using various techniques with the resulting image differing significantly from the original subject matter.
- Creative, like Monochrome, will occasionally be a Set Subject (at the discretion of the committee).